From:
tjohnso1 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 14:03:59 -0400
Dr. Dutton, thanks for your reply, it was most comforting.  Santino
continues to be on the mend.  He is pooping and eating normally, and his
activity level seems to be back to almost normal.  However, he still has a
balance prob.  I pulled a chunk of "stuff" out of his ears last night.  I
have been using Ferrets Finest Soothing Herbal Clean Ear Wash and Deoderizer
about every other day.

Can you tell me the symptoms of ear mites?  There would be little red bite
marks, wouldn't there?  Could he have caught them from my kitten, if she had
them?  (I plan on having an ear cleaning fest tonight and see if there are
any mite bites in either of their ears).

Also, what is the normal temp for a ferret?  Can anxiety raise their temp?
Santino's was 105 2 weeks ago, and 104.8 last week.  I wondered if I should
start monitoring it myself, and if so, what kind of thermometer should I use?

Santino has been on antibiotics almost 2 weeks now.  Could there be any
adverse effects from long term administration of antibiotics?

Sorry for all of the questions, but thanks so much for the answers!