From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 07:44:48 -0700
LAst night's chat was poorly attended, and we figure it may have been the
lateness of the hour, so Saturday night's chat has been moved to 7pm central
time.  To be redundant:

location :  channel #Ferrets    on irc.warnerbros.com (port 6667)

time: 7pm central time

Our prime area of discussion will be a proposal to:

rename  newsgroup   alt.pets.ferrets  to rec.pets.ferrets
and make it a moderated (via mod-bot) newsgroup.

The reason for the proposed changes; an attempt to minimize spamming and to
give the newsgroup a wider reception area (alt.* newsgroups are often
excluded from certain ISPs rec.* groups are part of the "BIG 8" Usenet
'family'.

I have already mailed this info to persons who have responded to earlier
a.p.f. posts on it.  I have received one bounced message, presumably from a
'bogus' address.

Hope to see you there.

Roger McMillian