From:
Jaclyn D Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 11:32:38 -0400
Here's a cute story for everyone.
One of my ferrets, Trevor, proved a long time ago that he really loves
prunes.  He has recently started a new trick.  He goes to the fridge, one of
those little rectangular dorm types, and lays by it.  He just looks around
lokking so obviously like he's pretending to be innocent.  After a little of
that, he stands up an his hind legs and opens the fridge.  Then he looks
around some more, grabs the ziplock of prunes and runs as _FAST_ as he can
under the bed with it.  This part is especially funny, because the bag is
way bigger than him so his gait gets all screwed up.  I work in a pet store
near the university and am always seeing people buying animals that they
don't know anything about and when I try to tell them some info, they don't
want to hear it.  They just want to get their new pet home as soon as
possible.  This hurts me with all the animals even the fish, but especially
so with the ferrets.  Some people are so bad about this that I refuse to
sell them anything living.  (Fortunately, the owner is pretty understanding
about this.) Well, last night a lady and her boyfriend/husband(?) came in to
get one of our little ferts.  She had had one ten years ago.  But, she asked
me a thousand questions and after each answer she wanted me to elaborate.
She really wanted to give the little guy the best possible life and things
like that just thrill me.  About an hour after she left, she called and
wanted to know about a good ferret vet.  I reccommended Dr. Ksiazak (sp?)
from the Newark Animal Hospital.  Anyway, her cocern for the ferret really
made me happy.

Sorry for the length.  Some things just make me want to tell everybody.

Jacki     Kif and Trevor