From:
Pamela Paasche' O'Hearn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 20:41:32 -0400
I just tried subscribing to the ferret list.  But I am hoping to get a jump
on my question.  I just had to euthanize one of my ferrets due to what we
think is Aleutian disease.  Necropsy samples have been sent out, but are not
back yet.  My other ferret is now showing similar symptoms.  Anorexia,
weight loss, diarrhea, lethargy, staggering, etc.  He is on amphorol for
diarrhea, tribrissen liquid (in case it's salmonella from my chickens) and
nutri cal.  All I have researched has given a guarded prognosis, but no
supportive treatment.  Is there any supportive treatment?  Can you direct me
to people to ask?  I'll try the list when my subscription results come back.
I just don't want to lose this other ferret.

Thank you for your assistance

Pamela Paasche' O'Hearn

[Moderator's note: Pam's on the list now.  BIG]