From:
"Amanda S. Christmas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:12:05 -0700
Dear Bob,
Remember when we first met?  It was on last years tour.  The hot summer
night started to sizzle.  After weeks of planning, the time of rendez-vous
was at hand.  You had held off on the inevitable untill it could no longer
be denied.  You waited till the dead of night had fully set in (1:30 am you
came creeping into my home).  You said you had something for me and beckoned
me outside.  The night air was so electrified that it felt like the whole
state of New Mexico was burning.  Your long flowing locks carressed your
heaving shoulders as the light midnight breeze kissed us with its breath.
My nostrils flared with the sweet scent of ferrets that seems to linger over
you.  The sweat trickled down my throat as I looked where you directed my
gaze.  Starlight danced off your car and dazzled my eyes, momentarily
blinding me.  I could no longer hold back and called out, "Yes, Yes.  Oh,
YES!" "Give me all you got, Baby!" You only stayed a short time after that
but you left me completely statisfied, totally exhusted, and longing for
sleep.  (Man, if your ego isn't huge by now, there's no hope)

Just to set the story straight for the FML folks, New Mexico had 9 huge
forest fires burning last fall when Mo'Bob came by with a car load
(literally) of ferrets from Washington state for my shelter in Albuquerque.
They all have found happy homes since then.  We have plenty of potential fur
kid homes waiting for someone to adopt but once again our shelter is empty.

So, Bob, if your willing, (and up to it) we could repeat last years
performance.  I have plenty of empty cages, if you, in your many travels
come across any ferts in need of a home.  We have, fortunately, gotten more
rainfall this winter so we will have to heat up the night ourselves, this
time.  Figuratively, of course.  Also, your more than welcome to crash at
the shelter, deplete our kibble, dazzle me with your amazing puns and visit
with Smudgy, Flavio and Anna MaWheeeee.

--
Amanda S. Christmas

Beauty for ashes, strenght for fear,
gladness for mourning, peace for dispair.

New Mexico Ferret Shelter and Rescue

[Moderator's note: Apologies to the rest of the FML too, I hope!  BIG]