From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:39:47 -0500
Pedialyte - Our group gets pedialyte daily.  I take one bottle, divide it
equally into 3 bottles, add 1 baby teaspoon of electrolyte powder to each
bottle then fill with water.  I fill a bowl twice a day and it emptys faster
than the water bowls or bottles.  They love it!

Canola Oil - One time I was out of Linatone (the sky is falling, the sky is
falling!!!) and I used straight Canola Oil as a treat.  The ferrets didn't
mind a bit so in a pinch that is what I use.  I also mix Canola Oil with
Linatone 2:1.  I have to put this mixture on a plate and add nutrical before
I can escape out the door.  Even then it is sometimes a bit tricky.  :-)

Carpeted Cat House - I've been wanting (a want is a wish, a need is a
necessity and I rarely buy wants) a nice carpeted cat cottage with a tree
for the ferrets for quite some time.  I finally gave in and bought one for
them.  I bought it at lunch time and couldn't sit still the rest of the day
at work.  I was so anxious to share it with them (ants in my pants AND
butterflies in my stomach).  After work, and after errands, and after chores
we finally brought it in and placed it in the middle of the living room
floor.  Tina had the video cam and Nancy had the camera.  It wasn't too long
before one or two came out to see us and when they saw the cat cottage they
stopped and looked (as if to say how'd that get there) then they went inside
and scratched, scratched, scratched.  Tina put Wannabe on top of the slanted
roof and he zoomed down and off into the hallway only to come back and
investigate.  Several wrestled inside the house.  All in all I think I was
more excited over the cottage than they were.... till 1:30 a.m.  this
morning.  I awoke to scratching, dooking, and sounds of wrestling.  This
went on till 4 and I was so sleepy I missed all of it.  No wonder they sleep
the day away.

Condolences to all who have lost a beloved family member.

Hugs.  tle