From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 15:25:53 -0700
greetings from Eden & the boys in Seattle,
Lee McKee wrote:
>One thing we haven't talked about on this list (at least in my tenure) is
>what happens to our pets when something happens to *us*. How should we make
>sure that they are provided for in our temporary or longer absence?

This is a difficult issue which I hadn't though about before.  Neither Bill
nor I have family here in ferret friendly washington.  All our "heirs"
reside in California & of course that's not an option for the boys so,
thanks to Lee, we will have to sit down & come up with a plan for what to do
with the boys should anything bad ever happen to us.

On a lighter side of this question, Bill & I will be traveling to Italy next
spring for a few weeks & since the boys can't come with, we have to find a
good option for them here at home.  The only other folks we know with
ferrets here are not dependable enough to be trusted with such precious
cargo.  So does anyone here in the Seattle area know of a good ferret
boarding facility.  Have you tried it yourself & for how long.  (warnings
accepted too) what kind of facilities did they have, did they let the
fuzzies out to play daily etc.  this is SUCH a long time for them to be
caged up when they're used to free run of the house, and without mommy &
daddy to spoil them too!

I have to find a solution I'm really comfortable with, or all that beatiful
Tuscan sunshine will be wasted on me while I'm worrying about my babies.

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)