Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 19:37:10 -0400
From:
Jennifer Hoh <[log in to unmask]>
On Sept. 2 between 4:30 and 5 pm I lost one of my ferrets when he slipped
through a door in my new house that I did not know didn't close properly.
After a frantic hour of searching the house and immediate yards, I
immediately printed up fliers and began to distribute them through-out the
neighborhood.  By 7:15 he was home!  A very dear and wonderful neighbor OVER
A 1/2 MILE AWAY saw this strange animal come up to her patio door .  Even
though she was a little scared, she put on rubber gloves and picked him up.
(To her husbands' dismay, no less).  Realizing this was no wild animal, the
woman went into, as she called it, 'save critter mode' and went walking
through the neighborhood to see if anyone owned the little critter--she was
so intent on getting him home she even forgot to put her shoes on and was
walking around in her socks!  We met on the road.  The wayward ferret is now
safely tucked in his bed, after a firm talking to and a little nutrical, of
course.

All I can say is I am constantly amazed and thankful for how wonderful
people can really be.  I just wish they showed this sort of stuff on the
evening news once and a while... To end the story, she was so taken with the
little monster that she's thinking of getting one herself, so I printed off
a list of ferret shelters in the area.  He may have put me through hell, but
I guess it was all an FLO mission to recruit new homes...

Thanks for all the concern,

Jen