Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 20:40:15 -0400
From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Bob,

I'd certainly be more than willing to do what I could to help with the
organization.  I think it is necessary and can become a powerful force for
gaining legalization and quarantine laws.

One very important point is that a national organization with no local
people supporting the issues will be ineffective in a given area.
Legislators will listen to the people who vote for them a lot faster than
someone from out of state.  If people like the idea of getting national
support for ferret legalization and reasonable quarantine laws, they are
going to have to come forward and be willing to donate considerable time and
sometimes money; much more of the former and less of the latter, but copies
FAXes, phone calls, ads take money.  They can't expect instant gratification
either.  These things sometimes take years - ask Sharon Burbine of MA, and
Jeanne Carley of CA.

Dick B.