Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 07:08:35 -0400
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
I too, would be excited if a second ferret club were within driving distance
of me and had an air of "social gathering/while educating".  To date there
is only one club in my area and that club's main objective is EDUCATION.
While some members enjoy this format others would prefer a little
lighter/social side while being educated.

Why your original club is up in arms about the new club being so close is
really a point of confusion to me-- after all we live in a free society and
are free to do whatever we like as long as it is within the bounds of the
law.  Both clubs are doing a service for the ferrets and for the people that
choose to belong to them.  The only difference is the manner in which the
format is put forth.

Remember when we were in school, there were the kids that were studious,
always reading a book in thirst of knowledge and then there were the kids
that did their studies but also were involved in a lot of activities.  They
both learned and grew in knowledge but in a different priority frame-- why
should it be different now?  People are different with different priorities
but all want to learn especially about our much loved fuzzies.  Some want to
have "fun/social activity" while learning and some just want the educational
part.  Can't please everyone thus you now have two clubs in your area and I
for one think that is WONDERFUL!

Possibly the original club's officers feel somewhat threatened-- they
shouldn't be, they should welcome the new club and its' members.  Both clubs
should work together because both clubs have a common bond-- FERTS!

Wish I knew the area of the country that you hail from-- if it were close to
me I'd be anxious to have membership in both clubs.

Here's hoping that things will work out and that there will be a smooth,
friendly working relationship between all.
[EJ]