Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 07:31:57 -0400
From:
Ellen Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Some of you may remember that I wrote about Antony's bladder troubles a
couple times a few weeks ago.  He had been straining when urinating and
going many times a day with small outputs.  Anyway, he had a slight bladder
infection combined with enlarged prostatic tissue (we found the last out
from an x-ray).  He is seven years old with one remaining adrenal gland.
Our vet special ordered some medication to help shring prostatic tissue
called Flutamide.  We give him .1 cc 2 x a day.  He's been on it five days
and still no change in symptoms.  Unfortunately, this problem has led him to
pee wherever he happens to be.  Even in the cage he is now using non-litter
box space and he was probabably had a 95% hit rate in the cage before.  Out
of the cage anything goes: corners, middle of the floor, even on towels and
t-shirts strategically placed to keep ferrets going back to the litter box
to do their thing.  Sigh.  And I think his behavior, which may be beyond his
control, is rubbing off on our other two, Lexie and Babe, who have no excuse
and used to be 100% hit rate in cage and 90% out of cage.

Ah well, so I have some damaged carpeting.  Has anyone else tried Flutamide
for a similar problem and what has your experience been like?  TIA.

Ellen [log in to unmask]
& Antony (I'm sorry, but I just can't wait these days.)
& Lexie (I hate baths.)
& Babe (I'm SuperFerret. I can climb slippery bathtubs, I can leap tall
cages, I can dig to the other end of the Earth!)