Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:44:28 -0400
From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
...and I DO mean terminally cute. I was in tears with laughing.

Tues night, we let Potpie out for a good long time and after a while, she
ate and looked like she was putting herself to bed in her hammock (a
sweatpants leg slung between two sides of her cage).  However, it turned out
she was trying to yank her 'sock' out of the hammock.  Her Sock is the only
piece of clothing she's never tried to eat - it's a pair of knee-highs, one
stuffed into the other to make a ball at the toe, with the rest untied and
left dangling.  It's roughly ferret-sized, and she LOVES sleeping with this
thing - she drags it between her hammock and her pouch (a cashmere beret
converted into a ferret sleep sack).

She spent a few minutes extricating the sock from the hammock, using clever
methods I thought ferrets weren't capable of (we were all impressed, and
caught up in watching by this point), and finally she got the sock out onto
the floor of the cage.

She hopped over the door of the cage and out into the room, carrying the
sock (remember, it's about her length, and the 'ball' part is about the size
of her butt).  She trotted the sock over to the couch where we were sitting.
She briefly got distracted, then she got the sock and tried to hop up onto
the couch with it (I assisted her).

She went INTO MY TSHIRT, and then pulled the sock IN WITH HER, and then
napped under my shirt, curled around the sock.

Dooooooooh. At this point I was laughing so hard and so overwhelmed by the
cuteness of it all that tears were streaming down my face.

Ferrets are so silly and loving, even the ones who don't seem affectionate
all the time. :)

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters