Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 10:32:59 -0700
From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
We had a big scare with Misha yesterday morning.

we were out walking in our side yard & misha was poking around under the
bushes having a weaselfun time as usual.  I looked away for half a second &
when I turned back towards him there was a HUGE dog standing right on top of
him!  I screamed, swung misha away from the dog, up into the air by his
harness (It's H-style, so while this is not a good thing to do normally, in
an emergency it's OK) grabbed him mid flight yelled for Bill, & took off up
the yard, weasel in arms at high speed with dog in hot pursuit.  By the time
I reached the front porch my brain had kicked back into gear from panic mode
& I realized that the dog was not in fact trying to eat either of us, but
boy was I scared.  took half an hour for the adrenaline to work it's way
back out of my system.

The dog (Lucy) belongs to our new neighbors, and she doesn't wear a collar.
All the other dogs & cats in the neighborhood do, so as long as we're in our
yard I just keep my ears pricked & never have any worries - I'll hear a tag
jingle long before any of them are in range of the ferrets.  Not anymore -
Lucy is stealth dog.

I took Misha & Lemke out together this morning for their walk & spent the
entire time looking around to make sure they were safe.  I may have to talk
to Lucy's owners about this, I don't like living in fear in my own yard...

Just in case you're wondering, no I don't dislike dogs, in fact as soon as
I'd gotten Misha back inside, I made friends with Lucy, but I'm very aware
of how easily a dog could rip my baby apart just trying to play...

Eden - glad everythings OK!

--
Eden Rain     [log in to unmask]

Adobe Systems, Seattle WA