Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 08:01:30 -0400
From:
Ellen Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Has anyone's ferret been through the following?

My Antony began straining to urinate about two weeks ago.  He isn't crying
or anything, it just takes him a long time for only a little to come out.
And because of this he is going more times a day.  We took him to the vet
one week ago.  Besides the adrenal tumor (which is his second after an
adrenalectomy four years ago--he's seven now--and we knew he had this) he
couldn't find anything wrong during his general exam.  So the vet did a
urinalysis and said Antony could possibly have a bladder infection.  He
ruled out any cancer but said the prostate tissue might be inflamed.  He
gave us CEFA to give Antony.  This is an orange flavored medicine.  We give
him .21 cc twice a day and are to continue for ten days.  The ten days will
be up on Monday and Antony seems the same.  I'm supposed to call the vet
then for follow-up.

Let me say, that the vets we go to are VERY ferret knowledgable (Midwest
Bird and Exotic Animal where Dr. Brown works) so I trust them.  But, I just
want to know if anyone else can shed some light on this.  Thanks--this group
is a great resource.

Ellen [log in to unmask]
& Antony (I always have to pee, now...always!)
& Lexie (life is good)
& Babe (let's play & play & play &...)