From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 08:01:22 -0700
Just a quick note about baths as someone just mentioned that there new
ferret did not like his bath.

This must be me, - thanks for the info - also having kids (ie human babies),
when they were younger the rule of thumb was to "put your wrist in the water
and if it's too hot on one's wrists, it's too hot for your child".

In this case, I am more inclined to believe he didn't like the bath simply
because he wasn't used to it.  I was sitting next to the tub, and when he'd
swim on by, just kinds put my hand under him and float with him.  I WILL
tell you this, tho!  AFTER the bath, and drying him, he went absolutely
balistic with dooks and wardances and playing and running and having himself
a good ole time.  I thought hmmmmmm, well if HE is having such a good time,
then PLOP, in you go Morrow.  Same, same, out she comes, drying, and OFF she
went!

I am getting black ants in the house again - last year was pretty bad and
I'm assuming this year will be worse since its starting earlier.  What to
do?  I'm afraid of those bait traps - what if the ferrets eat a poisened
ant?  Any ideas?

I, also have trouble with black ants, and because of the ferts, and the dogs
and the g.pigs I am a firm believer of not keeping poisens in the house, -
they scare me....

What I did last year was bought a can of RAID (these ants that come in here
are TREMENDOUS)....Instead of spraying in the house, I sprayed all along the
back door and wall, and along the outside windowsills.  I then wiped all my
counters down with clorax mixed with water, and it worked GREAT.  Both
combined I did not have problems with the ants, and also didn't have to
worry about my babies!

Karen

Mary