From:
Melanie Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 20:32:23 -0400
I got a 6 mo old female about three weeks ago.  About a week after I got
her, I went on a 2 wk vacation and left her and my 2 yr old male with my
parents .  Her hair was a little thin on her shoulders when I left but when
I came back, it was much thinner.  She scratches constantly.  She also has a
very strong oder, much stronger than my male.  If she were older I would
suspect adrenals but she is only 6 months old.  I took her to the vet and he
said that most likely it was allergies but could possibly be something else.
He put her on prednisone and told me to call him in 5 days with a report.
The next day, which was Saturday, she started having diarhea and seemed a
little less active.  I called the vet and he said to take her off the
medicine and let him know how she is doing on Monday.  It is now Sunday
night and she still hasn't had a normal stool.  She is sleeping a little
more but is still somewhat active.  She is also still eating but a little
less than before.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the
diarhea and what I can do to stop it?  I'm really worried about her.  By the
way, I have been giving her a little petromalt for the last couple of days,
could that be causing diarhea?  I also gave it to my male and he is fine.

Please help!  Melanie