From:
William Chenoweth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 03:24:31 -0700
I have been living away from home for about a month now with my four
ferrets.  Here they get an entire room to themselves all the time, but at
home they spend their naps in a cage rather than under a dresser.  I'd think
they'd be happier here, with all that extra room.

Arvind is a large male MF ferret and is probably the smartest of the bunch.
He does alot of tricks and he likes to be cuddled when he's tired.  Lately
he's been doing something odd.  He just stops and lies down on the floor and
lets out a big sigh.  If he's near something soft like a pillow or blanket,
he'll at least rest his head on that.  If he were a person, I'd say he were
either exhaust or depressed.  I play with him every day and take him on
walks every couple of days.  He has more toys than a ferret could ever play
with and 3 other ferrets (who act normal) to play with.  He is the cuddliest
so he gets held the most often, too.  I don't think he is exhausted because
sometimes he'll start playing with another ferret a few minutes after laying
down.  He never did this at home and I'm worried that he's homesick.  I'll
probably be here at least 2 more weeks.  Is there anything I can do for him?

- William and Dresser Brigade