From:
Jack Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 01:24:38 +0000
HI!!
I have a problem...My babies are driving me crazy.  To recap...we are new
posties and have a year old champaine chocolate male and a 16 week old sable
male.  Our Eddie(the one year old) had a hit rate on the litterbox of about
100% till he decided it was full (usually after 4 poops) and would choose a
corner to let me know he thought his box was full and "MOMMY CLEAN THIS UP"
was the message I got.  We got Chester about3 weeks ago and had to train him
to the box...it only took two times and he had a 100% hit rate also.
Well..the way their cage is set up is that i have carpet on the floor,
water, food, litterbox, and beds all in their own corners...(this is a large
rabbit cage) Anyhoooo...for some WEIRD reason they both decided to not poop
in the litterbox and poop in the cormer where their beds were (moving the
beds first of course).  So i changed the corners thinking they needed a
change or something and they had choosen a new spot.  To my dismay, THEY
POOPED WHERE THE BOX USED TO BE.  So I changed it back and put their food in
that opposite corner (thinking NO ferret would poop near their food).  THEY
POOPED NEXT TO THE FOOD!!!!!  What do I do now??????????????????????????????
We have not had our ferts out much the last few days because of a cholicky
baby demanding more attention.  Is this their way of telling us they want
more attention themselves????  PLUS, we also have a rescue fert with us
...He is in another room, but would this cause a jealousy that would cause
this poopy problem??????  Or is it something else??  Please, if you have any
idea's email us.  ohhh, we also took out the carpet till we get some new
remnant..cause they pooped and peed on the last one...could this be it
maybe???  They want carpet????  I just don't know...

Also, if anyone is in the Spokane Wa area and knows of anyone needing to get
rid of ferrets for any reason..We are HAPPY to adopt!!!!!!!!!!  Or if you
are from somewhere else........Say trying to rescue ferrets from that
disaster......we could save many...if we can find a way to get them here to
us.......we volunteer for a shelter that has a waiting list......

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!1

Heather (arrrrggghhhh FERRET MATH!!!)
Jack (Whatever makes you happy honey...)
Eddie ( Please....not another one!!!!!!! hehehhe)
Chester ( :) Poopie Here, Poopie There, Poopie EVERYWHERE)