From:
"Sharon Bowman, LOS WA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:51:32 -0400
There is an outbreak of Canine Distemper in the Pacific Northwest.  There
have been documented cases of ferrets dieing from Canine Distemper.  Two
hundred Ferrets came into Oregon and Washington, and were vaccinated with
distemink vaccine for their first shots.  These ferrets came into Oregon and
Washington in the month of February at the age of 6 weeks old.

If you have brought a ferret from a pet store during this time, please write
to me and I will give all information regarding Importer/Exporter, Breeder,
etc.  Please if you did purchase a ferret during this time, get it to a Vet
right away.