From:
Maggie Mae Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:54:08 +0000
Shh.....

I thought I would update everyone about my activities, but my
whereabouts must be kept secret! As Bryan pointed out, I was unable to
attend the Houston meeting and have been on the move ever since.
Fortunately for me, there is an underground railroad in place that helps
ferret enthusiasts like myself, otherwise I don't know what would
happen.

I thought I had planned out my trip well. I obtained a large, black
overcoat and large duffle bag in which to stash my crew of 19. The coat
came equipped with several large pockets on the inside that were perfect
for the ferrets.

I did arrive at the airport a little behind schedule because Miss Stella
drove the last 50 miles and she took the wrong exit in St. Louis. Then
she parked the car at the wrong end of the terminal, gates 87-89 instead
of gate 11. Walking through an airport with all the hidden ferrets is
not easy, although I did convince the security people that what they saw
on the x-ray were battery operated stuffed animals and I hadn't turned
them all off.  I got up to the plane while it was still at the gate.

While I was "discussing" with the gate attendant about the plane still
being in sight, Pookie stuck her head out of the coat and did what any
normal person would have done on sight of the gate attendant, she
screamed! Deciding that running was the better part of valor before
security came I managed to cut across the tarmac and make my car before
we were caught. This time I let Angus drive because he has a cool head
under pressure and a much better since of direction. He was able to
evade the gestapo by hitting the mall traffic and parking. We all ducked
down and breathed a sigh of relief when they passed us by.

We felt that it wouldn't be safe to return to Columbia at this time. We
aren't sure if the local authorities have been contacted. So we all
decided to keep on the road for now, staying in houses of the
sympathetic and hoping a solution to our problem will present itself. It
will be a hard life, but we have each other and a goodly supply of
Ferretone and lager. The Ferretone is for me and the lager is for the
farts.

Maggie Mae and the Mysterious Missouri 19