From:
Stuart & Susan Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 14:18:57 -0500
Dear FML,
This is for Scott Springer, who wrote asking about ferret treats.  Ours
don't go for the raisins or peanut butter either.  They go crazy for those
Snaffers Chicken Treats, though.  The only time sweet Jerill bites me is
when he is trying to get his Snaffers.  Just the other day, I put a bit of
mashed banana on my finger, and offered it to Tom.  He rarely takes food
directly from my hand, but he lapped it up.  Do keep trying.  When Jerill
was a baby, he wouldn't touch Linatone (can you imagine?), but now he loves
it.  Some things may be acquired tastes.

The latest chapter in the saga of Jerill the Acquisitive involves his
new-found passion for tupperware.  I have been letting our threesome into a
cabinet in the kitchen that has some heavy (cheap) vases and assorted jars
on the ground level for quite some time.  Recently, Jerill noticed that I
store lots of small tupperware containers (mostly the 2-3 cup size) on the
next shelf up.  This week, he has patiently ferried EVERY LAST ONE,
including the lid (in a separate trip) up the stairs and under the
king-sized bed.  Now when I pack lunches in the morning, I have to go
upstairs, fish out the required containers, wash and dry them.  I already
get up 15 minutes early to play with the ferrets, now I'll have to add an
extra 5 for tupperware!  He gets the most earnest look on his face when he
is carrying something off.  And all that bounding up the stairs is good
exercise.  So I'll live with another minor inconvenience.  :-)

To Elizabeth (Mo' Bob's daughter) : We enjoy your posts tremendously!  I
howled over the tale your father spun about his hearing being shot off in
the war.  Oh, for a hidden camera!  I hope your nether regions recovered
from the bike ride.

Wishing for spring in South Dakota,

Susan and Stuart
Jerill (when is the next Tupperware party?)
Tom (banana man)
Gabriella (chase me!  no, let me chase you!  no, chase me!)