Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 18:31:55 -0500
Hi all,
I need to tell u a story about this man and this ferret Major Burns.  In
case you are wondering, he is my father, and yes, he has gone ferret
crazy!!!  If you could only have seen this man when he first came to visit
me while I was off at school and I was hiding two little fuzzies in my
animal free apartment complex.  He had no idea what to think as he first
picked up my little white red eye named Kender (Who recently crosed over the
Rainbow Bridge :(  )  and Kender laid a big poop right on his arm.  As it
turned out both my parents loved my ferrets very much and they were always
welcome when I came home to visit.  They were also welcomed into my parents
home when I took a semester off school and moved back home for a semester.
Right after I moved back home I rescued a male sable from the local animal
shelter in Longview Texas (who now call me everytime they get a ferret in).
Again you should have seen my parents faces when they showed up at home
after work and my two ferrets had turned into three.  I was supposed to have
found him a good home but we all know how that works.  As it turned out I
guess i did find him a good home, He was named Major Burns.  When I went
Back to school the following semester I took all three ferrets with me and
when Kender (my albino) got real sick, I asked my parents to keep Major for
me until I knew what was wrong with Kender.  My parents gladly agreed to
babysit Major but my dad told me they were not going to keep him permanently
under any circumstances because they did not have time for a pet ferret.
Well that was six months ago and my parents still have Major Burns (I no
longer even refer to him as my ferret) in fact the last time I went home my
father had constructed a ferret castle in the corner of his office big
enough for a coloney of ferrets.  Finally, after looking for several weeks,
my parents have finnally aquired a second ferret, Scooter.  I'll also bet
more will come, even though they won't admit it, but after all they didn't
even want the first one to start with.  I guess ferrets grow on you huh?  I
can't wait to meet, Scooter, though and my little silvermitt Baby (who is a
year old this month) is very excited about meeting het new cousin.  We will
meet him wednesday when I drive to Longview to pick up another rescue
ferret.

One more thing I'd like to say, I called Patricia Curtis a couple of weeks
ago to ask her a couple of questions and I ended up talking to her for about
an hour.  She is one of the nicest, most knowledgable people I have met in a
long time.  Congradulations Patricia on the the success with your two little
biters!

Chris
Baby - my little silvermitt- "Major gets all the attention"
Dakota- my Siberian Husky- "hey, that thing bit my nose"