From:
Dwain Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 23:53:26 UT
Hi All,
This is my first post.  I have owned an albino female, eight months old, for
about four weeks now.  When I first got her from the store, she was very
feisty and ran around a whole lot.  She liked to bite my arms, feet, or any
body part that happened to be in her line of eye-sight.  I thought she would
never calm down.  I found that I usually wasn't bitten, just sniffed, unless
I moved my foot or hand out of the way.  She still will always come up and
sniff and sometimes lick my feet.  And only when I move does she bite.  And
when she does bite, I use the loud Yip! approach.  This has worked very
well for me.  She has cut down a lot on the nipping now.  I suppose its
wrong to say she ever really BIT me, she nips though.

My baby is much, much, much more mellow than she was in the first three
weeks that I had her.  I heard of the FML that holding and cuddling was a
good way to calm them down.  Whoever first said that deserves a pat on the
back, or, as Jade says, a good scritch on the tummy.( Jade is my baby girl.
The ferret.) This approach has worked very well for me, almost overnight.
She used to not be able to sit in my arms for half a second.  Now she's
sitting there, sleeping, licking my face, just doing cute little woozle
things.  So basically, listen to these people, they know their ferret stuff.
oky doky, bye.

                Ferret Freak,
              Sean, or [log in to unmask]