Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:15:11 -0500
As I said yesterday my 3 yo MF sprite roxie was suffering from bizarre
behavior.  She was "listing" to her side and her right leg kept giving out.
She was ok besides that weird walking.

Well it was a long night for roxie me and her best bud Jake.  She refused to
eat or drink as of 6pm and she was so upset with her back legs acting funny
she wouldn't come out and play no matter how hard Jake tried to entice her..
I called Jake and roxie's foster mommy from The Ferret Gallery for advice.
She suggested a warm mixture of pancake syrup and warm water.  To get as
much as possible into her and to get her to a vet as soon as possible.
Except for the problem we all were snow bound by a freak spring snow storm!
(spring whats that??).  Roxie and I spent all night up feeding this "sugar
water" to her by sip straw (mental note by lots of eyedroppers this stuff
tastes RANK)!  Thank god finicky Roxie knew I was trying to help her and
took this surgery mess quite well.

I called the vet in the am (probably waking her up) and she said bring her
in.  So off the vet she goes we think she may have a blockage (tho she did
leave a present it was loose and that baby poop green).  Oh and I caught her
eating her poops early this morning too!  If its not a blockage its Heli..
(you know that word I can never spell right).  *sigh*

Please say a prayer for her since I consider her my baby..

Maggie
Jake - where's roxie going without me mom?
Roxie - are we going to get more of that sweet stuff mom I like it more
then Ferretone!