From:
Hope Rumpca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 06:12:00 -0400
Hi All,

Hope from Salem, OR here.  I haven't posted to the FML in forever - I'm set
on lurk mode, but I enjoy reading every issue.  You are all so great!  I
have to admit that I got so excited about seeing ferrets and raccoons
mentioned together on the same page that I forgot to write down the name of
who posted.  I do appologize.

I can't answer if ferrets and raccoons go together well, but I have a
Coatimundi, a cousin of the raccoon and he (Max) and the ferrets get along
fabulously!  Coati, like raccoons can play a little rougher that my cats and
dogs.  I have 3 ferrets - Razz, Tazz and Mindy-Boo - and Max and Razz & Tazz
wrestle and play chase and have a total ball destroying the house.
Mindy-Boo is an older blind ferret and just met Max for the first time last
week (we've had her for 1 month now but she needed fattening up and then we
found she was blind).  I was suprised at how gentle Max was.  Instead of
landing right on her and wrestling (as he does the boys), he followed her
around, gently sniffing and when she swung her head his way, he didn't run
but let her sniff him all over.  I've never seen him sit still that long!
Max is just a year and was recently neutered.  He will forever be a two year
old and a little hyper.  We've had him since he was 3 weeks old so he grew
up with the boys (who were 3 years old then).  My boys Razz & Tazz are also
big boys 3.5 and 4 pounds, Max is 12 pounds and almost full grown (he's the
size of a house cat - just with longer legs).

Hope this info helps a little.  I'd love to have a pet skunk but I don't
think that they are legal in OR anymore.

Hope - back into lurk mode
Razz, Tazz & Mindy-Boo along with 6 cats, 3 dogs, 2 hedgehogs, 7 rats, 3
house rabbits, Arthur the firsh and Max the Coatimundi