From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 16:52:26 +0400
Hello all:

Bud sent along this To-Do List below for everyone, again with his thanks for
everything.  It is important that we do not let this drop.

In looking at his list, I think that this is a good outlet for the grief we
all feel.

There is a lot of discussion on the FML and other forums about forming a
national organization or committee or movement to fight for quarantine and
legalization across the US.  Whatever form this national body takes, it is
imperative that communication continue among us all--the existing national,
state, and local organizations, the shelters, and individuals like you.  We
need each other.

This is not the end. This is the beginning.

Please stay tuned, and stay involved.

Lee, just the messenger.

P.S. Asking for money is not one of my strong points, but to keep this
alive in the media, funds are needed for wire reports, as well as your
letters.

To contribute to the media fund, or to inquire about the various auctions
raising money for the media and legal funds, contact Ronnie DiComo:

To send clips, tapes, transcripts: please mail to
    MaFF Attn: Bud Jackson
    PO Box 3123
    Wakefield MA 01880

**********************

BUD'S TO-DO LIST

**** These are things to be done NOW! DO NOT WAIT! *****

Everyone should send letters to the editors of their local papers, and
e-mails and faxes to their local television stations, and e-mails to
national media outlets, as you have the contact information available.

These letters should say the following to display the human, emotional
costs of this decision to people all over the world:

- how sad they are this happened

- how badly they feel for the Jacobs family

- in personal terms, how this ruling has affected them, emotionally

(ex - "Tears are rolling down my eyes because I feel so awful for what has
happened to...)

Please personalize these letters--that is, don't just address them to "Dear
Media Outlet".

Don't send out bulk e-mails--address each news organization separately.

Hand write the letters to the editors of your local papers.  Handwrite any
faxes, if possible.

Make your feelings known and FELT!

-- Lee