From:
Robert Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 18:49:53 -0400
6:20 PM, 5/6/97 District Court Judge Caprathe in conference with the Bay
County Attorney, Bay County Animal Control, and Michigan Public Health,
refused to sign a restraining order to allow us our day in court before Kodo
is killed.

Judge Caprathe says that since the shed studies are incomplete that the
Center for Disease Control's guidelines are invalid and not to be followed.
Instead Bay County will continue it's policy\practice of killing all ferrets
for rabies testing by (now hear this) THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL.

This is truly a government of the people, by the people, for the people as
long as the people work for the government.  Screw the little guy who loves
his pet, put your effort into saving face of your government employee!!

Yes I'm pissed, highly upset and totally irate!!!!  Why do we have laws if
they don't have to be followed by government employees???  I'm going out to
purchase a gun and make my own laws my own way too.  If they can do it why
the hell can't I????

The only option we have is to find an accredited\recognized vet or health
department person of authority who will support us in front of the judge and
state the many reasons that KODO shouldn't be killed.  Not very likely
starting off at 6:45 Pm.

Robert Jacobs
(517) 777-4807 home phone
(517) 280-1195 cellular