From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:32:44 -0700
>From:    Jaclyn D Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: broken tooth  and  bicycle innertubes
>Earlier today, Trevor broke the the point of his upper right canine off.
>want to know if I can give him some anbesol or tylenol or aspirin or
>something.  Also, I want to know if the break is going to cause trouble...

I would not suggest any of these products!  If the break is close to the
gumline then there could be pain which would require removal of the tooth.
If the tooth becomes discolored, see a knowledgeable ferret vet.  However,
if it is just the tip that is broken, it likely will not cause pain, I have
seen many chipped teeth do fine over the years.

>I popped the tube while riding my mountain bike.  (On the way, back from a
>Criminal Justice class.  Thankfully, I was not out on a trail.) In any case,
>I have now an innertube (26" x 2") that has a hole.  Kif is already very
>interested.  Any ideas on toys to be made from this?

Things made of rubber are NEVER good toys for ferrets.  Yes, they love
rubber but many have been killed with rubber.  They will chew off small
pieces and ingest them, causing intestinal blockage which is often fatal if
surgery is not done quickly.  Besides this, imagine the toxins present in a
tire tube!!!  Would you chew on it?

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter