From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 07:15:55 -0000
Our local Shelter Mom, Sandee Mozzone, just called (6:00 p.m. Weds) to ask
me to get on the internet and find some help for her.  One of her ferret's
head tilted to one side, then it started dragging its hind end.  Then the
front end wouldn't work.  She had to put it down and the vet has sent in a
tissue sample to Accupath.  A few days ago (I don't know the exact time
frames of all this) another ferret started dragging its hind end and she had
it x-rayed.  Something was found wrong with one of its vertebrae, so the vet
supposed it was an injury, although Sandee has never seen it injured.  I
think its front end is now involved.  Today she came home and a third ferret
is dragging her back end.

Something is running through her shelter and she doesn't know what.  There
are no runny noses or yucky eyes.  The ferrets seem to feel fine, and eat
and all that, but they lose all motor function.

Can anyone help?

Sandee's phone number is 610-352-4852.  I could try to be the middle person,
but she really needs a call if any of you know what is wrong.  My number is
610-446-8036.  We're outside Philadelphia.

Blessings
Judith White