From:
Dan Kinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 03:29:04 -0500
Briefly, the problem: of my three woozels, one is saintly (ie litter
training), one (a rescue) hasn't much of a clue, and the last (youngest) is
saintly when watched.  The two guys who are not litter dependable (what a
phrase) didn't have very consistant training starting out - my fault.  I've
been rather rather live and let live about this situation until a nasty
landlord confrontation and a $1000 bill for new carpeting (I live in an
urban high-rise).  I've made it clear that I will not give up the carpet
sharks - my landlord is ok with this - but I want to correct the error of my
ways and get these guys trained.

I now keep them in the kitchen when I'm not around, and sometimes when I am.
If I leave them unwatched for 15 minutes it's usually a case for "Natures
Miracle".

And I feel lousy keeping them confined.  They feel worse.

I have the kitchen and a large cage for training purposes, but I don't have
time to watch them for hours on end.  Any suggestions or tips about training
articles or books I might find helpful would be greatly appreciated.  What
I've seen isn't much use.

Obscure ferret fact: William Burroughs, the much-demonised writer, kept a
ferret in his dorm room at Harvard in the 30's.  Drove the cleaning staff
whacko.

Thanks,  Dan