From:
Michele Holden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:50:52 -0500
Hello Everyone,
I just subscribed to the FML, and so far I love it.  I check the AOL ferret
message boards and found this.  I have two ferrets, Frank who is 6 mos, and
Flip who is 10 weeks.  I just wantedto introduce myself, and let you know
that by reading this list, I got a great idea.  Yesterday someone had posted
that they made a hammock or sleep sack for their ferrets.  Well, while at
the pet store, I saw the fleece hammock in the Midwest cage, and instead of
paying the $20 for it, I made one.  The material was on sale at the fabric
store.  I sewed it together and added a little sleepy sack so my guys could
hide in it.  I used metal eyelets and hooks.  It only took me about 30 mins,
and I had a great time making somethingfor my babies.  When my boyfriend saw
it, he almost yelled at me for spending money on the ferrets again, but I
told him I made it and saved about $15 dollars, plus I still have enough
material to make about four more if they ruin this one.  My boyfriend told
me that it looked professionally made, so I was tickled pink, because I made
one skirt in high school for a class and it looked terrible!!Well, I can't
remember who gave me the idea, but I found it on this list.  but thanks to
you!!  The hammock was very easy to make if anyone would like instructions,
or you can figure it out like I did, it's pretty self explanatory.  Well,
just wanted to share and introduce myself.

Michele, John ( the boyfriend), Frank(the ferret), and Flip ( the lil bro!)