Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 09:12:14 -0500
From:
Ferris James <[log in to unmask]>
Recently we noticed that our 3 fuzzies were scratching at their ears and
shaking their heads.  The vet confirmed that our guys indeed have ear mites.
He prescribed Nolvamite.  Anyone use this before?  We are using it, but does
anyone know of anything else you can do without using a pesticide?

While we were at the vet I was asking if there was an easier way to clean
the fuzzies' ears.  (We use Q-tips with oil or peroxide.  Our guys just
fight this.  They hate being held down and I hate to do it.) He said he
would never put a Q-tip in a ferret's ear unless he had to dig out a build
up of wax.  He said he uses an ear-cleaning solvent that you squirt in,
massage, and wipe out the residue with a cotton ball.  The vet explained
that at vet school the students broke up into 2 groups: Q-tippers and
solvent users.  At the end of a prescribed time animals that had solvent
used on their ears had healthier ears.  What do you ferret owners who are
solvent-users use?  Something you order from a catalog or get from your vet?
Please let us know!  Thanks!!  Laura