Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:12:09 -0700
From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
>From:    alexis perkins <[log in to unmask]>
>I'm a bit concerned... My female ferret...has lost a lot of weight recently.

Could be due to it being springtime!  They lose their winter coats, and
their winter fat at this time.  If you see changes in eating, drinking,
pooping habits, let me know, and we'll explore other possibilities.

>From:    "Betty A. Ancona" <[log in to unmask]>
>Over the last couple of months my ferret Trubble has been experiencing
>significant hairloss.  The loss of hair began at on his tail and progressed
>upwards.

Check out the Adrenal FAQ.  Find a competent ferret-knowledgeable vet and
have him checked out.  Sounds like classic adrenal disease symptoms to me.
Weight loss could be a compound health problem, but ferrets often
"slim-down" in the springtime, and many ferret owners panic about this.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter