From:
Hillary Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 17:36:43 -0400
>From:    Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Adrenal: Chemo, Group List
>Does anyone have info about chemo, versus Lysodren, for treating adrenal
>disease (when surgery is no longer an option)?

Hi.  I'm sorry that I don't have any information to offer regarding the
efficacy of lysodren vs other treatments for adrenal disease in ferrets.  I
just wanted to briefly de-lurk to straighten out what seems to be a common
point of confusion about chemotherapy.  Chemotherapy is simply "treatment of
disease, usually cancer, by chemicals."  So, if you're giving a pill, or an
injection, or whatever - it's chemotherapy.  To request information about
"chemo, versus lysodren" is kind of confusing.  Lysodren (along with all the
other pills we give our pets) IS chemo.  Now, usually, the term is used
colloquially to mean "the drugs used to treat cancer, which kill rapidly
growing cells more quickly than slow growing cells," but personally, I find
it helpful to be more precise.

        hillary gorman  http://www.hillary.net  [log in to unmask]
                  "to err is human; to moo, bovine."