From:
Ray Sexton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 19:11:42 -0400
Thank you to everyone that sent us e-mail.  Your kind words and beautiful
poem were so touching.  Even though it made me cry, I appreciated all your
thoughtfulness, it was so sweet of all of you to think of our Shelby who
will live forever in our hearts.

On a lighter note, someone wrote about litter problems, something that I've
been battling for sometime.  My 2 pandas, Rex and Rhonda think that the
litter box is their personal play toy.  I used to put it in the cage and
they would use their heads like steam shovels and throw the litter all over
the place.  Then, when that would get boring their next favorite thing they
would do is to dump it.  We tried velcroing it to the bottom of the cage,
that worked for about 2 weeks.  They figured out how to get the velcro
detached.  We tried clothes pins, they figured out how to pop them off.
Ha!Ha!

We have a 3 story cage, I moved the litter pan up to the 2nd story and
attached this to the cage with {get This} carbeurtor accelerator springs,
thanks to my husband!  They haven't figured this out yet and it's been
months.  Yeah!  I'm still trying to figure out how to remedy this for my
son's cage.  He's got a single level and his Sophie has terrible potty
manners.  She will push the litter box out of her way and poop next to it,
not all the time, but enough to be a nuissance.  So any ideas anybody?

Also, when they get the run of the house, I have litter boxes all over the
place and someone always doesn't manage to make it to the litter box.  Does
anyone also have a suggestion as to stop my ferret childre from scratching
on doors?  There are certain rooms that these naughty children just aren't
allowed in and they have figured out "Come on, Let's scratch on the door,
maybe we can get in if we all do it!" Even my doors on my hutches, they try.
I've had to barricade the hutches because they figure how to get in and roll
everything out of them.  Then they scratch on them.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.  Thank you!

Ray & Karen