From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 21:39:35 -0400
This is kind of weird, but maybe someone can help.  Megabyte, my 16-week old
male, often leaves a small droplet of "something" on me when I pick him up
or we're playing.  It must be urine - it's strong and nasty smelling.  He
does not otherwise leave puddles or have accidents -- in fact he's very very
good about the litter box.  Is this little drip a result of jumping around
playing, and will he outgrow it?  My other male ferret Chip has never had
this problem.  BTW, Megabyte is from Petco, and is a Marshall's Farm.

Bob, I am so happy your cat is named Bastet.  I also had a cat named after
the Egyptian goddess, although I called her Ba'ast.  Remember those
fascinating conversations we had about whether ferrets were domesticated in
ancient egypt?  Did you know that the ancient egyptian word for cat seems to
correspond phonetically to " miao." Hieroglyphic scholars think that many
ancient egyptian things were named after their own sounds.  Perhaps, in our
search for ancient ferrets, we should be looking for an egyptian word
corresponding to "dook dook."

My siamese kitten nearly died after I used Hartz flea dip on her.  This was
almost ten years ago.  I had no idea that a "reputable" product could ever
be dangerous.  Although I sponged a diluted solution on her, she immediately
began foaming at the mouth and shaking.  I got her to the emergency clinic
and her skin was bright red and she was unconscious.  The vets said she
wouldn't make it.  But she did.  I brought her home four hours later and she
slept for two days.  As a result of the company's complete indifference to
the horrors they knowingly cause, I NEVER USE ANY HARTZ PRODUCT.  Not bird
seed, not turtle food, absolutely nothing.

Kat