From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:41:00 -0700
>From: "Michael A. Bostrom" <[log in to unmask]>
>After a thorough checkup and tests, the vet told us that the most likely
>cause was the food.  We feed him Iams kitten food.  The vet said that
>lately, Iams has been having problems with their food.  Animals aren't
>being able to digest it properly and get skinny and develop diarrhea.

Can you let us know who this vet is and the cases he is citing?  I have fed
Iams for a long time (before switching to Totally Ferret) and found it to
be far better than any other foods on the market (that is before TF came
along :>).

Remember that any animal can develop an allergy to any food!!  Many ferrets
are allergic to the poulty in cat/kitten/ferret foods.  These allergies can
produce all the symptoms you mention, and can become *fatal*.

>We changed food right away

What did you switch to?

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter