From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 18:57:38 +0100
I am sorry about your unfortunate predicament.  Make sure that if the DF&G
arrives before you found homes for your last two ferrets that you DO NOT let
them take your ferret.  You have the right, by law, to have your animals in
custody of a veterinarian, not a DF&G warden.  Also, you can refuse entrance
to the DF&G if they are not with the police or sheriff or do not have a
search warrent.  To check on more rights for you and your animals check out
the CDFA website.  If for some chance they do charge you for posession of a
ferret, make sure the charges state that you are in possession of a wild
animal.  The charge is more severe but then they have to prove that ferrets
are WILD.  The likelyhood that they can do this is slim considering that
there are large, highly respectable organizations such as the Veterinary
Association which define ferrets as being domestic.  Since it is possible
that legalization could happen this year make sure that your ferrets new
homes are only temporary.  I wish you all of the best.

Anissa
CA Ferret Lover!