From:
Cheryl Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:53:12 -0400
>I have a few flea comments to make.

I live in Leesburg, Florida...and have 2 dogs and 2 ferrets.  I've only had
fleas crop up once in 8 years.  I take my animals everywhere with me.  First
and foremost, fleas do not live in the grass in Florida, they are parasites
and need a host.  Now if you live in an area that has alot of Squirrels...
they can carry fleas from yard to yard and infect a entire neighborhood.  So
can Cats that are allowed to roam..and of course dogs.

Fleas can get just as out of control in Alaska, as in Florida.  Cold does
not kill fleas, it only makes them go dormant.  Shampoo's do not suffocate
fleas.  You would have a hard time drowning a flea...as they have small
hairs all over their bodies that form air bubbles.  There again...what
appears sometimes to be dead is just dormant.

Raid, and the Hartz crew have killed ( this is a fact, and I have the recall
notices from their products) more animals (dogs and cats) than you can ever
imagine....and Raid may have had its share of human deaths (unfounded comment
by me).  Attributed to other factors.

Advantage crystalizes on the skin and does not go into the blood stream.  I
use it on my Fuzzies and Dogs.

I feel strongly about pesticides.  I've been suffering from liver failure
for a number of years from pesticide poisoning.  I'm hyper allergic to all
pesticides and cannot use them in my house.  Raid would put me in the
hospital.  Please remember that I got this way from using products like Raid
and Hartz and Paramite and a number of others.  Advantage works!  It does
not cause a reaction in me.  Alot of cancers could be linked to pesticides.

Please don't use Grocery Store or Drug Store brands of pesticides.  Go to
your Vet and buy a quality product that won't harm you or your other family
members when used as directed.

Best Regards
And my .02 worth!  >>

(I sent this 4-17....but had the wrong address on it....duh!)

Don't use Hartz or any other Grocery brand....your Fuzzies will thank you
for it!