From:
Ellen Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:16:48 -0400
I do brush my ferrets' teeth but not as often as I feel I should.  My goal
is once a week but I do it every 2-4 weeks.  Better than nothing, I suppose.
What I use is these little plastic/rubber index finger coverings with little
plastic nubs on the fingertip.  These are sold in most pet supply stores and
are used for dogs and cats also.  I put a little bit of pet toothpaste on
the tip (I think it's liver-flavored---yum!).  It is not a good idea to use
human toothpaste as the animal digests it and our toothpaste is not meant to
be eaten.  The pet kind can safely be digested.  Then I rub my finger on
each ferrets' teeth while they try to lick to paste off.  I don't know if
I'm being very effective.  I only take 30-60 seconds per ferret.

Ellen [log in to unmask]