From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 00:46:19 -0800
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: To anonymous poster who wants a ferret in Ca

>I looked forever and then someone told me about a pet shop in Reno called
>The Little Wilderness.... They take wonderful care of the ferrets there,
>handle them a lot and they are very sweet little guys...

Little Wilderness......

This pet store needs to be shut down.  Don't be surprised if your new ferret
dies.  He sells diseased animals and has a very bad reputation.  The Humane
Society has been called many times on his failure to properly take care of
his fuzzies...they will go 3 day weekends with no food or water.  (That has
been documented by a ferret lover who works next door at Technology Center.
His name is Fred and that number is: 702 329-8100)

Please, oh, PLEASE!  California people.  If you wish to buy a fert in Reno,
the stores to patronize are:

Pet R Us.
Has the best small mammal set up I have ever seen outside of a zoo.
Telephone number is: 702 747-8400 They are located on the way into Reno,
right off Interstate 80, McCarren Blvd off ramp.

Pets Unlimited
located right off the Wells Ave off ramp in Reno proper.  Telephone number
is: 702 329-1752

Pettin' Place
On S.  Wells Ave, 1 mile south of the freeway.  702 323-3348

Again..if you come to Reno to buy a ferret, DO NOT BUY FROM LITTLE
WILDERNESS.  You WILL regret it, that is an absolute.  (They are so bad that
the Northern Nevada Herpetological Society's board of directors has voted to
refuse all advertising from the store.) Verification of what I have said
here can be obtained by E-Mailing: [log in to unmask] or writing to:
REPTALES, P.O.  Box 5812, Reno, Nevada, 89513-5812.

A word to the wise!

Joe