From:
Jon Hagee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 13:39:41 -0800
>BUT, MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!  FERRETS HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIFE, JUST
>AS ALL CREATURES OF THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!

I did indeed send an email to the radio station, but I couldn't let this
statement pass.  And why is this person who claims to be in a ferret
friendly area posting anonymously?  (I would have sent a private email
otherwise.)

Anyway, fighting for our pet's lives, especially when the threat is
unfounded is one thing, stating that animals have a "right to live" is pure
hogwash.  Not even nature grants them that "right".  It doesn't even grant
*us* that right (not to mention abortion, etc.)!

So, lets do our best to fight this thing, but unless that statement was
tongue-in-cheek, when you're trying to make sense to non-ferret owners, take
it easy on the outlandish statements, that will get you nowhere.  They'll
just dismiss you as part of the "mental" class.  <grin>

                           Jon Hagee
                           Lexington, KY

BTW, let me know if anyone wants a copy of my email to Mr. West.