From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:55:40 -0500
Meltdown has begun pigging out -- probably trying to gain back the weight
she lost.

Jumpstart is up to a small fraction of an ounce below two pounds now.  Next
week he'll get his 12 week distemper shot.

He and the other four say that we have not spent enough time with them while
getting Meltie past the most recent blip and they are correct.  So, I'll
make this short and get down to family business!

Oh, a clarification: I don't know of any current domestic strains of
ringtails, but they were kept for an extended time to deal with household
and barn rodents before cats were available, and then until they were
affordable.  (An ancestor of Steve's who was not far back spent the
equivalent of $3,000 for a housecat at one point -- and we are NOT talking
Rag Doll or anything else fancy -- it was a plain domestic shorthair to
handle rodents.) It's a historic note.  Think it's firmly established here
that there are and have been a number of NW domestics, including ones in
what is now the U.S.

Sukie