From:
"Robyn B. Stephens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 09:25:12 -0600
To Chris and his rescue of a free ferret - Sounds like the best name is
Cinderella (and that makes you the ferry godmother).

On shredded paper - We shred many obsolete legal documents as do most
offices (no I don't work for Ollie North).  After spying a big bag, the
light went off and I took it home.  I laid it open on the floor in front of
Gus, who was on the couch.  After about 2 seconds of checking it over, he
was flying (or falling with style) through the air with legs sprawled.  He
landed inside the bag in the middle of the paper and began digging and
tunneling as furiously as if he was in his box of potting soil and peat
moss!  I later moved his shredded paper into a box and it has become a
frequently used "toy".

I want to also thank whomever it was that said in the FML that you may have
to stuff a treat into a ferret's mouth to get them to try it and realize it
was good.  Gus has been turning his nose up at raisins ever since I got him
last year.  The only treats he'd taken to up to then was ferretone (need to
watch how much he gets) and apples (powerful laxative and hard to keep small
pieces at the ready for long times).  Well, last week I picked up Gus and
stuffed a half a raisin in his mouth and now he seems' to like them as much
as apples.  Now I think I can really begin trick training in earnest.