From:
Susann Viafora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:35:42 -0400
>Should I write to the zoo and ask for an explanation?  In the past I have
>had a membership to this zoo.  I can't imaging wanting to fund this sort of
>mis-information in the future, tho.

I think that's an excellent idea, and say just what you've said here.  It's
a great chance to educate the people who are supposed to be knowledgeable
about animals, and send along some published info about ferrets if you have
any.  It'll bolster your position, for sure.

The only reason I could imagine as to why someone would be displaying this
ferret as 'wild and vicious' is if it were a black-footed ferret.  But as
they are endangered species, with a very few captive breeding colonies are
being tended and relocated into the wild with 24-hour supervision, I can't
think of any reason why a black-footed would be on display in an urban
petting zoo!

Good luck!