From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 00:00:08 -0400
In yesterday's FML, an anonymous poster gave the impression that Karen Burns
indicated that if the rabies shed study were completed she could stop this
execution.  I am very familiar with the need for this study to be completed,
don't get me wrong.  But we hear every day that CA and MI need money sent
(Please Keep Sending!) But we rarely hear desperate pleas to send to the
shed study (Forgive me for those of you who *are* trying, there are some of
you...)

Anyway, what I think that 90% of the readers of the FML need to hear (and
I'd like to know, too) is EXACTLY what has to be done for this study to be
completed?  Exactly how much money is needed, what procedures are to be
taken, what does the study involve, and where should the money be sent to?
I believe it's the Morris Animal Foundation, but if that is the case how can
we be 100% sure that the money blindly sent there (even if indicated it's
for the shed study) will actually be put towards the *ferret* study?

If this has been discussed in the past, forgive me, I missed it.  But I
think there's a lot of readers here that want to know specifics of *how* to
get the test completed, rather than just hearing that the study is not
complete.  I'm the first to get on the bandwagon and fight for ferret
issues, but sadly I must admit I've done nothing to help the study.  The
main reason is that I've never been bombarded with information about how to
help (still a lame excuse) but some of us have a lot on our plates already,
and to get involved in a new cause might take a kick in the pants.

So my request is: Those of you having the answers to these questions, KICK
MY PANTS and the other 2900+ FMLers.  Give us a cause, we'll rise up to it!
Who else but FMLers can get this done...look what we've done for Kodo (keep
fingers and paws crossed for the Appeal hearing).

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady