From:
"Andrew W.Gould" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:27:58 +1000
I can get allthe relevant stae authority permissions but I cannot permission
from our quarantine authority.(They are afraid that they will be adding to
the feral problem and have the possiblity of being a threat to wildlife)..
Like I am going to import a ferret, coat about $1000, airfare and handling
and then realease it into the wild?  Sometimes I think the logic of
governments defies logic They have only just made it legal to import
companion bunnies so I may have to compaign awhile before I can bring over
any new fuzzies.

Where can I find the documentation on how bad clumping litters are?(I would
like to include it in my information pack to new ferret owners along with
the toxicity of wood shavings

Has any one heard of the Pottenger study on cooked food in cats(1930's and
40's) Where was it published by whom etc?  I have done a journal search and
do not seem to have enough detail to find it?

I am trying to get a complete breakdown of a ferrets nutritional
requirements.  This is due to a manufacturer here being willing to make
ferret food WE HAVE NO SPECIFIC FERRET FOOD yet(the USAs 4 and the UK, am I
right) Almost all our good cat food comes form the states so is stale by the
time our fuzzies get it.  So please somebody help.

I know it is in James.G.Fox's book but I cannot get a copy or access to a
copy(believe me I have tried.  Any suggestions or ability to e-mail me or
fax me the relevant pages(Fax no +61 06 295 3831, do not forget your code
to get out of the states)

Any homeopathic or herbal remedies for ferret would be greatly appreciated
or suggestions of sites that particularly deal with this topic.

I have found Echinacea at childrens doses do wonders to clear up a ferret
with snuffles(the cold).

Thank you again just for all being on the FML

I cry at your sick ferrets and cheer for your succeses to legalize ferrets

Bethany home of the furry carpet snakes(...M'rim get off the ceiling fan...)