Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:58:45 -0400
>However, ferrets probably use plant proteins in the same way that cats do -
>in its half-digested, thanks-to-the-grain- eating-mouse kinda way.

This sounds interesting!  I had never thought of it.  But ferrets already
get grains through the food they eat (even though it's down on the charts if
the feed is a good quality).  So do they really need grains supplemented?  I
give Pepita a full-meat diet (aside from treats of Ferretone and Ferretvite,
she's only had one raisin her life because I'm allergic!), but she's still
getting it through her food.

Any vets out there know?  I know it's kinda controversial so you don't have
to answer, I'm just curious too.  :o)