From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:55:24 -0400
Hi all,

I'm thinking about starting a confuse-a-ferret service (like the
confuse-a-cat service in Monty Python).

I played a mean trick on Sweetie this week.  She had been after a Woody doll
that we had purchased from Burger King for weeks.  She was so persistent,
that we eventually gave in and let her have it.  She loved dragging it along
the floor in the recreation room, and stashing it in different places.  We
kept an eye on her, and after a while we decided that it was safe to let her
play with it.  She was the only one that wanted it, and there were no bite
marks on any of the plastic pieces.  We still watch her though, just in case
she decides to nibble it.

Although she had never seen it, we really had two of these dolls.  So, just
as a joke, I gave her the second one.  She looked really confused.  .  .  .
Isn't that my Woody doll?  She grabbed it from my hand, and ran across the
floor to where she had stashed the first one.  Then she saw the old one,
still safely stashed away.  Massive confusion ensued, with her looking back
and forth from one doll to the other, trying to get her mind around the fact
that there were in fact two of them.  Finally she just kind of shrugged her
shoulders, and decided to count her blessings (TWO of them!  There are TWO
of them!).  Then she stashed the second one away with the first one.

Of course if the imp of the perverse strikes, I may add a third, or hide
one.

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts