From:
Keely Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 22:42:42 -0400
Hi Everyone!

Recently, my oldest ferret, who is a little over a year old, has become the
biggest chatter box!!!  The first day we brought Fred home he talked and
talked and talked.  But after awhile he quit.  We've had him for almost a
year now and just this week he started talking again.  I don't mean little
bits here and there but non stop whenever he is out of the cage.  His
brother doesn't really seem to pay any attention to it at all but his little
sister, who is just 4 months old, follows him around like she' s hypnotized
by his sounds.  Then on Saturday night while he was out and about, I was
sittling on the floor with him and he came up to me chattering so I made the
same sounds back to him.  He went wild!!!  He made the sounds even louder
and climbed all over me like I was hiding a ferret inside my clothes or
something.  He didn't bite me or anything, but he was very curious.  I'm not
really sure if I should be doing this or not to him becasue sometimes it
seems to upset him.  Then yesterday morning he went and got in bed to wake
up my husband.  I stood at the door way watching him and he had a hard time
finding his way up onto the bed so he made his noises louder.  Finally when
he got up on the bed he woke Greg up and was just sat on his back.  So I
started talking to him in his language and all of the sudden his waged his
tail back in forth so fast I'd have missed it if I blinked!!!  I was
amazed!!!  I have never seen him do this before and it sort of scared me.
So I was just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about ferret
chat???  If so please let me know!!  My husband doesn't think I should talk
to him anymore because who knows what I'm telling him.

Also does anyone know anything about giving ferrets heart worm pills called
Interceptor?  Our vet gave them to us but I guess they are mainly for dogs.
I'm sort of reluctant to give them to them.

Anyone else have a New Zealand Ferret??  I have one New Zealand and two
Marshalls.  We have noticed major differences in the two breeds and wondered
if anyone else had.  A lot of people told us that New Zealand was a bad
breed but it's been a better in our case than Marshall has.  Don't get me
wrong, we love all our ferrets.  They just have very different personalities
between the two breeds.

Any info anyone has would be appreciated!!!
Could Email me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!
Keely,Greg,
Fred, William, and Samy